PRODUCT ARCHIVE INSTALLATION
ESbox is distributed in a set of ZIP archives that you can extract anywhere on your system to provide a full Eclipse Ganymede SR2 environment with ESbox and all its dependencies pre-installed.
This installation is upgradeable to new versions of ESbox using Eclipse Software Updates.
The archives come in two parts: one common archive, containing the bulk of the installation, and an OS-specific archive.
If your host OS is not represented, please use update sites for the best results.
Download the following archives:
- Final Common Components
- Final Linux/GTK Support
- NOTE: in Ubuntu 9.10, Fedora 11, or other platforms using GTK+ 2.18 and/or Mozilla xulrunner 1.19, you must launch ESbox with the script esbox.sh included in the archive. Otherwise, Eclipse will fail to start and/or will have erratic UI. See this post for GTK+ details and this bug for xulrunner information.
- MacOS X Intel:
Installing and Running
Extract and install the archives:
- Unzip the *-common.zip and *-<host OS>.zip archive into the same directory of your choice.
- If using a Sun Java JRE, you may want to edit esbox.ini to adjust maximum memory usage (-Xmx, -XX:MaxPermSize).
- Run the main executable or script:
- ./esbox.sh (Linux)
- .\esbox.exe (Win32)
- ./esbox.app/Contents/MacOS/esbox (MacOS X)
Extra Help Content
To finish the installation, see instructions on installing the Maemo SDK documentation and offline hover help support.